The neck is one organ with a critical and essential function in our body. Regrettably, your neck is prone to many issues that lead to pain. Do you experience pain while holding your phone to your ear? Or do you find it hard to turn your head? If the answer is yes, you may be suffering from neck pain. We at Beyond Innovation Chiropractic in Frisco, TX, can help with neck pain.
Causes of Neck Pain
The neck has several anatomical structures. Any malfunction in these structures leads to neck pain. Common causes of neck pain include:
- Age: Age comes with its fair share of issues. Older adults suffer degenerative conditions like spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disorder, osteoarthritis, etc. These disorders often affect the spine, resulting in neck pain.
- Accidents: Auto accident injuries like whiplash are common causes of neck pain. During an accident, the head is pushed forward or backward, and the unnatural movement affects the muscles and ligaments of the neck. The muscles react to the sudden movement, causing contraction and tightening, which results in pain.
- Diseases: Several diseases cause neck pain. If you experience prolonged pain, you may have a severe condition, and such symptoms of neck pain should not be taken lightly. It could be spinal cord compression, tumor, fractures, or spinal infection.
- Lifestyle habits: There are lifestyle habits that cause stiffness and neck pain. Obesity, posture deformities, stress, and tension are among the habits.
Signs of Neck Pain
Seek chiropractic care if you experience the following signs:
- You can't turn left or right without severe neck pain
- Neck pain that does not go away after a few days
- Neck pain after an auto accident
- If you are using over-the-counter medication because of neck pain
- You have the fear that your neck pain may be a result of a severe condition
How Chiropractors Diagnose Neck Pain
A chiropractor on our team may first discuss your medical history, just like other doctors. He or she may then ask you when the pain started and perform an evaluation of your spine. It may include an evaluation of your lower and mid-back as other areas may cause your neck pain.
Neck Pain Treatment
A benefit of chiropractic care is that it deals with the root cause of the pain using non-invasive treatment approaches. Some of the approaches used for neck pain treatment may include:
- Chiropractic adjustment or spinal manipulation
- Trigger point therapy
- Muscle stimulation
- Therapeutic Massage
- Spinal decompression
- Nutritional and lifestyle advice
Contact Us for a Frisco, TX, Chiropractor
Neck pain may be helped with chiropractic care. Contact us at Beyond Innovation Chiropractic for a personalized treatment if you have neck pain in Frisco, TX, and its surroundings. Call us at (214) 872-4220.